- Terry Gardner - chief of construction and cat herder.
- Kent Misegades - assistant cat herder, chief cook and bottle washer.
- Tim Misegades - blasted the main wheel and nose gear, looks better than new now.
- Andy Thomson - removed nose gear, disassembled hub & rehoned, smooth as a baby's bottom now. Helped to disassemble very stubborn nose wheel.
- Michael Crowder - Sonex owner new to the BCAC, assisted with nose gear, removed boot cowl parts. Michael will help us immensely with his expertise in sheet metal work, electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Chris McClure - half of male stripper team, stripped and prepped control surface frames. Chris has kindly donated his sand blaster to our growing tool crib.
- Jim Cronin - other half of male stripper team, stripped and prepped control surface frames.
- Tom Hall - male stripper apprentice, stripped trip tab, helped disassemble nosewheel.
- Chuck Borsuk - New to the BCAC, did repair work on wings. Studied plans for next steps. Chuck, a Pietenpol builder, will be a great addition to our woodworking needs.
- Joel McGlaughlin - Worked with Chuck to prep wings & studied plans for next steps. Joel is becoming a wooden wing expert.
- Al Sutton - another newcomer to our group, did a great job sanding the many ribs on the wings.
- Konrad Schoen - "Mr. Carb", disassembled & cleaned Marvel Slobber carb, suggested options to repair, rebuild or replace. Konrad has great experience with old carbs through his MG Club.
Our next work sessions are planned as follows:
Thursday, 6/16/2011, 4-8 PM, goals: reassemble wheels and mount on fuselage, covering prep, wood repairs.
Saturday, 6/18/2011, 2-6 PM, goals: cover control surfaces, wing repairs, COOKOUT!
In case you missed it, see the Skycoupe for sale on eBay. The images provide some good ideas for our project. I have saved JPEGS of all these images if anyone wants them,
Kent Misegades, scribe, chief "organizer", cook and bottle washer.